Student Leadership Academy - 6th Session
Applications must be submitted by the administration of each high school in Etowah County.
The Student Leadership Academy is designed to be an intensive leadership development course for Etowah County students who are incoming high school seniors.
Through a variety of classes, hands on interaction, and guest speakers, students will be introduced to:
- Fundamental Leadership Principles
- Personal Development Skills
- Office of the Alabama Sheriff
- Knowledge of the American Criminal Justice System
- Career Opportunities in Government and Public service
- Importance of and How to Develop Lifelong Fitness Habits
- Interview and Job Application Skills
The weeklong event will survey the entire criminal justice process from: law enforcement, the prosecutor, the public defender, the courts, and corrections. The course will discuss the history and philosophy of the system and introduces various career opportunities.
A Message From The Sheriff
This site is maintained as a public service for the citizens of Etowah County. As Sheriff, it is my pleasure to serve you in this manner. If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.